Saturday, June 30, 2012

Walk walk

Today we've only had a bunch of beef and turkey.  We cooked it all up last night and had a lot left over that we snacked on throughout the day.  We're leaving town for a week on Sunday and we're trying not to buy anymore food.  We still have a some packages of raspberries and blueberries left that we need to finish up, but that's mainly it.

We just did our daily mile walk.  It's soooo hard to get motivated to get up and do it, still.  Some days I'm better than others, some days Danny has to nag me to get up and go.  I'm trying to stay motivated to keep him motivated, and for Yoshi, since Yoshi needs to walk more too.  If I focus on my puppy dog, it helps.  It only takes 20 minutes and we've been at it for about a week and a half.  We've only taken two days off, so I'm proud of us so far.  We also do push-ups and arm exercises on the exercise ball some days - we've had someone staying with us for the past week and him being around kind of makes it weird doing it?  I don't know.  I think we'll pick it back up once he goes home.

On Sunday we're heading to Laughlin for the 4th.  My grandparents live around Bullhead City.  Yoshi is coming with us and we'll be staying in a hotel, but Yoshi will be staying with them. I'm a nervous wreck about it, but I think she'll be fine.  I'll probably stay with her the first night to help her acclimate.  I think it would be good for my grandmother to get an inside dog to baby(they have a dog already but he refuses to come inside - it's the weirdest thing).  She's been lackluster about the idea, but I hope that Yoshi being with her constantly for a week will help convince her.  On the 5th we're going to Las Vegas for EVO.  Danny knows a bunch of people going and while I'm going to be nervous and full of social anxiety around so many people, I'll be ok.  I'm probably just be worried about my puppy dog.

We're planning on trying to be as Paleo as we can.  We've decided on two cheats throughout so far - the buffet at the Bellagio and at my grandparents' house, because come on, I can't pass up my grandma's real Mexican food.  Unf.  We're not going to be perfect (obviously we're going to drink) and we're going to end up eating fast food and bad food at times, but we'll try to mostly keep to meat and veggies.  Sweden made us feel fucking terrible with all its cheese and greasy stuff, so I'm not dying to repeat.

About to stop being lazy and get up and cook some chicken.  I have a pineapple I need to get rid of before Sunday, so I'm going to dice some up and throw it in with the chicken and some curry powder and see how it comes out.  Hopefully delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment