Saturday, June 16, 2012

Paleo

I'm not 100 percent sure yet what this blog is going to be - I'd like to eventually put billions of cool things here, but for right now I need a place write about this Paleo "diet" my boyfriend and I are undertaking.  So for now, blog on Blogger, I shall use you for that, instead of Tumblr. Take it.

Danny and I are eating more or less Paleo.  Danny technically started in May, and then we went to Sweden and that fucked everything up - because Sweden likes it cheese and bread.  Oh man.  Cheese and bread.  Anyway, we started up again almost a week ago when we came back from Sweden.  It's been going good so far.

I have a lot of thoughts on diets and whatnot, and it took me a very long time to come around to this, because I'm body positive and diet negative, mostly because of the connotations that come with that word. I believe in being healthy, eating healthy, and moderation specifically.  I'm jumping on this Paleo wagon because Danny really likes it and I want to be supportive, and because while I have some problems with the specifics of this "diet" (specifically eating so much meat), it's more or less easy to work with.  It cuts out sugars, dairy, legumes,and grain.  We're fortunate enough that we can afford the amounts of meat we consume, plus a variety of vegetables, spices, sauces, nuts, and other things that make eating Paleo easier.  We're also fortunate that we have a pretty nice market right down the street that provides fresh vegetables and the fancier other things that I want sometimes, like coconut amino.

We're in the right place at the right time, so I'm willing to give this a shot.

So!  So far I've made kale chips, almond flour pancakes, lemon pepper chicken with real lemon juice, and cooked so much chicken and steak it's like I enjoy it or something (confession: sometimes I do, but I fucking hate cleaning, so we have problems, but anyway).  I'm going to try my hand at sweet potato hummus tonight (sweet potatoes, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, let's go) and I'm really looking forward to it.  I hope it works out!

First real post!  Feels good man, feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment